In this post, I’ll walk you through the overall state of blogging. Will it help your business? What is the ideal post length? What are the SEO benefits of blogging?
This article will tell you the up-to-date statistics to answer these questions and more. You’ll then know everything to start and run a blog.
Top 50 blogging statistics and facts you should know in 2022
General blogging statistics
1. There are 600 million+ blogs.
2. Every day, 7 million+ blogs are published.
3. 77% of Internet users read a blog.
4. Over 409 million people view more than 20 billion pages.
5. 50% of the top 200 Fortune 500 companies had a corporate blog in 2018.
6. 92% of content marketers use blog posts as part of their marketing strategy.
7. Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information.
Blogging benefits for businesses
8. Businesses with a blog get 55% more traffic than businesses without a blog.
9. Companies that blog get 67% more leads per month than those that don’t blog.
10. 70% of people prefer learning about a company through a blog rather than an advertisement.
11. Websites with a blog receive a 434% increase in indexed pages.
12. Marketers who blog are 13X more likely to see a positive ROI from their efforts.
13. Blogging businesses experience 126% higher lead growth than non-blogging businesses.
14. 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers than companies who don’t.
15. Companies who blog ended up with 7X more traffic to their site.
16. Content Marketing is 62% cheaper than traditional marketing.
Blog writing, length, and frequency statistics
17. The average blog post has 1416 words.
18. It takes an average of 4 hrs to write a blog post.
19. 36% of readers prefer reading a blog with numbers in the headline.
20. Headlines that are 14-17 words generate 77% more social shares than short headlines.
21. List posts get 218% more social shares than How-to posts and videos.
22. Long-form blog posts get 9X more leads than short-form blog posts (Target around 2000 words).
23. Content that is too wordy/poorly written and poorly designed are the most common complaints.
24. The ideal content length for maximizing social share is 1000-2000 words.
25. Headlines with a question get 23.3% more shares than non-question headlines
26. Experts are publishing 2-4 blogs a week is the best way to get the most out of your content efforts
Blogging visual statistics
27. Blogs with images get 94% more views.
28. Posts with videos attract 3X more links than text-only posts.
29. The human brain processes images, 60000X faster than plain text.
30. Blogs with images receive 650% more engagement than plain text articles.
31. People follow visual information 323% better than plain text instructions.
32. Video content is 50X more likely to bring organic traffic than text-only posts.
33. 40% of the content marketers say original visuals, such as infographics, perform best in their articles.
Blogging SEO statistics
34. 71% of bloggers agree that SEO is the most important source of traffic.
35. Top ranking blogs on Google have 1140-1285 words.
36. “Why posts,” “What posts,” and infographics received 25.8% more links than “How-to posts” and videos.
37. Blog titles containing 6-13 words attract the most traffic.
38. Websites with active blogs generate 97% more backlinks.
39. 94% of all blog posts have zero external links.
40. 72% of online marketers agree that content creation is their most effective SEO tactic.
41. Long-form content (around 3000 words) receives 77% more backlinks than short articles.
42. Only 5.7% of pages will rank in the top 10 search results within a year of publishing
43. 95% of businesses with a blog report higher SEO rankings than those without a blog.
Blogging social media statistics
44. 97% of bloggers use social media to promote their blogs.
45. There’s no “best day” to publish a new piece of content. Social shares are distributed evenly among posts published on different days of the week.
46. LinkedIn is the most effective platform for delivering content and securing audience engagement.
47. Experts suggest tailoring content according to each social media platform.
On Twitter: Write a summary of your post and link to the article at the end.
On Facebook: Break your post into visual tips and link to the article in the comments.
On LinkedIn: Highlight key points of your blog.
Blogging Analytics statistics
48. 65% of successful brands run content audits more than twice a year.
49. 46% of companies that never perform content audit failed.
50. 28% of the companies analyze competitors’ content.
Start your blog
Is blogging still relevant? Yes.
Can it help your business? Of course.
I assume the statistics have persuaded you of the compounding benefits of a blog. If yes, start your blog now.