You're reading this blog because we published it. Some of you may now even check what we do and how we help our customers. Few of you might even opt for our service.
This is what blogging does. It attracts readers, educates users about your business, and turns them into customers. Blogging is a great source to establish trust and build loyal customers.
You can attract customers through paid advertising too. But, it's quite expensive. Plus, it stops as soon as you stop spending. Whereas, bogging is a cost-effective way to do it.
The benefits don't stop here.
- Businesses with a blog get 55% more website visitors than businesses without a blog.
- Companies that blog get 67% more leads than those that don't blog.
- 70% of people prefer learning about a company through a blog rather than an advertisement.
- Marketers that chose to blog got 13X more ROI than companies that didn't.
Wait, there are more. In this blog, we'll walk you through the other benefits of blogging for a SaaS company.
Table of contents
- Attract online traffic
- Increase your search engine ranking
- Build your brand
- Position yourself as an industry leader
- A blog is a gift that keeps on giving
Attract online traffic
How do you know about any company? Either:
- You search online. You look for a solution to a problem. Or,
- Get to know from friends. They themselves come to know about it by searching online.
People learn about a company through online information. Blogging helps you attract these readers.
Post content that resonates with your user's pain points. Search engines will do the tough work to connect you with them. Each blog is your chance to connect with your potential customer.
If you blog, you'll attract more online traffic – people searching for a solution to their problem. They'll tell their friends about it if the content is helpful. This will increase the blog views. More online traffic/views mean more leads. More leads convert to customers.
Blogging also helps you maintain your social media presence. No need to post the blog link always. Post snippets or some interesting infographics from your blog. Link to the blog at the end. Engage with users in comments.
Increase your search engine ranking
The Google algorithm considers backlinks one of the top factors to rank your site. Backlinks are links from one website to a page of another website.
Say an industry leader links to your blog. e.g. HubSpot links to your blog. Readers already trust them. So, if HubSpot is referencing your site, you gain relevant links. Google, then, sees your website as trustworthy and an expert in your niche.
It then gives you a higher spot in the search results. The higher you're on the search results, the more chance to get views (75% of people click the first 3 results)
But, someone will link to your website only if you blog helpful content. Plus, each blog gets indexed by search engines. It's yet another opportunity to show up in the search results. Blogging will help you here too.
Build your brand
The brand is the only true moat in SaaS, writes Connor Keppel.
Competition is fierce for SaaS companies. A 2017 study reported a SaaS company faces 9 competitors in the first year itself. You've to stand apart to win your customers. Blogging lets you build your brand in a better way than any other medium.
Here’s how you can build your brand via blogging:
- Educate your customers about your business. Let them know what problem you are solving and what differentiates you. Write about case studies and how you've helped related customers.
- Plus, you can address the users' problems. Write solutions to it. Collect their feedback. Apply their suggestions. This will develop trust and customer loyalty.
- Trust is the currency of any business. When customers trust you, you'll always be at the top of their minds. They'll refer you to their friends and family. No marketing can beat word-of-mouth referrals.
- You can also use blogging as a communication channel. Write about feature updates and press releases. Explain to users what you are building to help them.
These activities build your brand awareness.
Position yourself as an industry leader
Blogs help you establish authority in your industry. You can become the go-to source for your users to know the new developments and trends in your field.
Use your blog to answer their pressing questions. Direct them how they can solve their pain points. Give authoritative advice to your readers. Share important insights.
This will establish trust between you and your readers. You'll become a trustworthy information source.
A blog is a gift that keeps on giving
Picture this: You're on a vacation on an island. But, you still want customers for your business without much effort. Wouldn't it be helpful if there was a way to do this? Blogging does exactly that.
It drives long-term results. Each blog gets you new views, shares, and leads. Your new posts will continue to perform. But, your old posts will still be relevant to your customer's needs. Readers and potential customers will keep coming back to it.
Another benefit is the organic traffic. Your old blogs are already ranking on search engines. They'll continue bringing online traffic. Search engines do the work while you rest.
It doesn't stop here. Views and leads add up as more readers find your SaaS blog. More than 75% of HubSpot's blog views come from old posts. There's more. They generate 90% of the leads from the old blogs. Talk about compounding!
Start your SaaS blog now
Blogging gives you access to vast online audience reach. It advertises your product to potential customers. It also generates leads that you can convert into a consistent revenue source.
Once you publish a blog, you don't have to keep investing dollars to acquire customers. The benefits compound for days, weeks, and years to come.